Saturday, 02nd July, 2022
In 1885 the Sisters were invited to nurse the sick and poor in the Tuam area.
Later in 1944 the sisters acquired a residence at the ‘Grove’ and converted it into a small Nursing Home. This expanded over the years to become a Medical / Surgical Hospital. The Hospital was closed in 2002 and the sisters relocated to Knock and Galway.
The current Hospital in Renmore, Galway was purchased in 1999. The Sisters of the Little Company of Mary established this Hospital originally in 1955. The Hospital provides Acute Services in Galway and the Western Region and Sisters of Bon Secours bring Spiritual nourishment to the patients and their families in the Hospital. In 2011 a further expansion was completed to meet the current health-care needs.