Saturday, 15th August, 2020
In 1909 Sisters were invited to care for the poor and sick in Cobh. In collaboration with the local priests and community the sisters provided dinners in a Penny Dinner Hall for the poor and children in the town. From 1929 to 2007 the sisters managed the local Community Hospital and continued to minister in social services.
Sisters continue to provide compassionate care to the sick and elderly in a new ‘Day Care Centre’ and in the local area.