Saturday, 15th August, 2020
From their original convent in Granville Street, Dublin, the sisters moved to Lower Mount Street and also took charge of a ‘Penny Dinner’ Hall, now run under the auspices of Cross Care Services.
In 1951, Bon Secours Hospital, Glasnevin opened and a major expansion was completed in 2006 and this modern acute general hospital is renowned for its high quality holistic care, for the sick, dying and their families.
News of the ministry spread and Sisters were invited to work in Cork, at Cobh and Mount Desert, and in Belfast, Tralee and Galway, where they responded to healthcare needs, whether an illness was contagious, epidemic or malignant e.g. T.B., Cholera, or Typhoid.
Today our Sisters in Dublin minister in chaplaincy, nursing and social services.